Show your Valentine (friend, boyfriend, girlfriend, etc.) how sweet you really are by baking them a batch of sugar cookies and/or cupcakes using the recipes you see below!
- Measuring cups & spoons
- Something to mix batter with (electric mixer, etc.)
- Cookie sheets
- Parchment paper
- Insulated cookie sheets
- Sharp knife
- Cookie cutters
- Rolling pin
2. Add baking powder to mixture and beat till incorporated.
3. Add 1/2 cup of almond milk, soy milk, or soy milk creamer.
4. Add vanilla or your favorite organic flavored extract.
5. Slowly add flour until blended... do not over process.
6. The Basic Vegan Sugar Cookie Dough needs to be refrigerated: Roll the dough in the bowl into a large log shape and wrap with parchment paper. Add a layer of plastic wrap and carefully seal it and lay on a shelf in your refrigerator. *This log can also be frozen for use at another time.
7. Preheat oven 350 degrees.
8. Spray cookie sheets with non-stick oil spray or line with parchment paper.
9. Remove the dough log from the refrigerator and remove the coverings.
10. Slice 5/8 inch circles and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
11. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until edges are just starting to turn a pale brown.
12. After the cookies have cooled on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes, use a spatula and lift them onto a cake rack to cool completely.
13. If you want to use a cookie cutter, let the dough sit for 10 minutes before rolling. Cut the log in half and roll out the dough to 1/4" height and cut the shapes desired.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar (evaporated cane juice or raw cane sugar works)
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted (or other vegetable oil)
- 2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
2. Sift all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Add oil, water, vinegar and vanilla.
4. Fill well greased mini muffin tins 2/3 full with mixture. Or use cupcake papers for easier removal, and nicer presentation.
5. Bake 10-15 minutes. Until toothpick comes out clean.
6. Cool completely.
7. Meanwhile, beat whipping cream and powdered sugar in small bowl at high speed, until stiff peaks form. Gently stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla.
8. Top cooled cupcakes with icing and serve, or refrigerate until needed.